Burgundy/Dark Red/ Bordeaux is a great color for FALL. Although the color red is CLASSIC, The richness of the color burgundy is a wonderful alternative during the fall and winter months. The deep shade variations of this color plays well with the textured, heavier fabrics of FALL/WINTER textiles.
WHICH SHADE OF BURGUNDY/DARK RED/BORDEAUX WILL WORK BEST WITH YOUR SKIN TONE? There are 4 undertones regarding burgundy - PINK | BROWN | BLUE | RED(See below)
- If you have light colored eyes seek a pink based burgundy/bordeaux.
- If you have dark eyes seek a brown based burgundy/bordeaux.
- If you desire the "WOW" effect of an intense burgundy/bordeaux - Here are a couple of thoughts - Darker hair really helps to balance the intensity, But if you do have lighter hair - PLAY THE REST OF YOUR FACE VERY CLEAN & NEUTRAL.
TIPS WHEN SHOPPING FOR YOUR PERFECT SHADE
- Test drive the shade with a Q-Tip when shopping; And ask yourself the following: DOES THIS SHADE BRIGHTEN MY FACE OR MAKE ME LOOK TIRED? If the shade brightens your complexion then it's the match for you.
- Apply these shades with a LIP BRUSH - Because this shade can go messy quickly, You want a precise application.
- SKIP THE GLOSS - This shade does not need any help in drawing attention to itself.
Last but most important... WEAR THIS SHADE WITH CONFIDENCE, ALL EYES WILL BE ON YOU!